At Towne Properties, we love what we do. When we were still a young company back in the 1960’s, we realized that our residents wanted more than just a place to hang their hat. They want to enjoy a sense of community. To belong. To love where they live. So for us, it’s not just about building and managing apartments. With every project we build, and in every community we manage, our goal is to create a sense of community and become part of the bigger community, the neighborhood, the city, and the region. Becoming an integral part of the communities in which we operate is two-fold. The first element is giving back to the community to support others both on a corporate level and a grass roots level with our residents. The second ongoing initiative is giving back to the planet by incorporating green initiatives wherever we can.
Great Places to GiveGiving isn’t just about a company writing a fat check to a charity. Although we’re proud of the support we provide to ArtsWave, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (we were their first corporate team in 1998, and have been an active contributor and fund-raiser since then), and United Way on a corporate level, Towne Properties is most proud of the grass roots fundraising by our associates and our residents. From Beck’s Bakery bake sales to Crawl for a Cure our associates and residents have raised tens of thousands for charities throughout all the metropolitan areas in which we do business. And every year our residents help us give back through our annual Great Places to Give campaign. Here is how we give back at Renaissance at the Power Building:
Green LivingTowne Properties is proud to have constructed Cincinnati’s first LEED certified apartment community at DeSales Flats in East Walnut Hills. But “being green” or “going green” encompasses so much more. Energy and water efficiency improvements can save our residents money while also having a positive impact on the environment. So from making our apartment homes more efficient with LED lighting and low flow shower heads and commodes, to community gardens and recycling, we encourage each community to choose its own path and invite participation among its residents. Here are some of the steps taken at Renaissance at the Power Building:
- Converted all common area amenity spaces to LED lighting
- Converted Leasing Office to all LED lighting
- Started Recycling Program and added large recycling receptacles on every floor
- Added P&G Stocked Public Pantry to reduce the need to go to the store as often; i.e. less grocery bags in landfills, less of a carbon foot print from driving to the store(s), etc.
- Conducted major overhaul and cleaning on closed loop boiling system and cooling tower for all unit and common area HVAC drastically reducing energy consumption
- Added occupancy sensors on ancillary common areas to reduce lights being left on; i.e. public bathrooms, trash chute rooms, etc.
- Converted to all electronic residential correspondence through MailChimp and digital displays in common areas for residential events, etc.
- Installed digital (more accurate) programmable thermostats in common areas
- Added water station in Fitness Center to encourage refillable water bottle usage
- In the middle of swapping out all parking garage light fixtures to LED fixtures (there’s a ton and it’s expensive). Should be finished by the end of the year.
- Setup Amazon Business Account connected to Amazon Smile account to benefit: BESA
This is the best place to live in Cincinnati Downtown. Our apartment was very spacious and beautiful with reasonable rent . The staff is really helpful and friendly. Betsy is the best leasing agent I've ever met. Thanks much to Renaissance and all the crew. I'd love to live here again, if I ever come back to Cincinnati. All the best guys!- Amar T.
Really professional, courteous staff that seem to genuinely care about their tenants. Mason did an excellent job showing me the one-bedroom apartments I was interested in and Betsy did a great job answering my many questions. I found the apartments spacious, beautiful, and very reasonably priced. The views through large windows in the units I saw were quite lovely. Including a washer, dryer, and dishwasher in their apartments is a huge plus.- Steve J.
Sometimes we forget to tell others how much they are appreciated. Betsy, you often tell me you are "just doing my job" when it is much more than that. You have helped make my living at The Renaissance a great place. Through you, I have met some of the most caring, thoughtful and heartwarming group of women. You and they have shown me so many acts of kindness of which I am truly grateful. Having you with your cooperative spirit and attention to detail has made living here enjoyably pleasant!- Karolyn A.